Thursday 23 February 2017

3, 2, 1 interview. Today... Cristina Hernández!



Hi inno-teachers!



This is my first post on this blog, Make innovation happen, and I am delighted to start with a flipped introduction activity. In this post I will introduce Cristina Hernández Palacios, an Infant Education teacher who is studying a Master's Degree in bilingualism at Universidad Rey Juan Carlos in Madrid.

I have decided to interwiew Cristina following the 3, 2, 1 structure. For those who do not know the main features of this way of getting to know each other, I would say that it is based on answering 3, 2 and 1 questions related to different aspects in the interviewee life. In this case, I have asked Cristina the following ones:

  • 3 things we should know about her
  • 2 of her favourite activities
  • 1 dream job
But, before embedding the interview podcast, I would like to explain to you the steps that I have followed so as to interview Cristina.


First of all, Cristina and I created a shared document on Google Drive in order to type the questions and the answers that would appear on the interview. When we had it prepared, we recorded the conversation through the sound recorder of a mobile phone (this one).

Then, I decided that I wanted to publish the recording on an online webpage which allows its users to upload podcasts. For that, I used SoundCloud. SoundCloud is an online audio distribution platform that enables its users to upload, record, promote and share their originally-created sounds (if you want to see a SoundCloud video tutorial, press here). Moreover, I created a poster about the main details that we know about Cristina after their interview. For this purpose I used an online webpage, Canva (see an online tutorial here). Finally, I designed an avatar using the online tool Avatar Maker. In order to publish these atrifacts on my blog, I embedded them through the HTML code.

So, without further delay, here is my work. This is my interview to Cristina. I attach all the outcomes (podcast, poster and avatar) that I have created.
  • Interview podcast:


  • Poster (click on the image or download it to see it bigger):

  • Avatar:

Author's own (www.avatarmaker.com)

Before finishing the post, I would like to reflect on the learning I have acquired thanks to this activity.

First of all, I strongly believe that 3, 2, 1 interviews are an extraordinary resource that can be used with students so as to get them to know each other. I had never heard about it but now, I think I will add this activity to my list of resources. Furthermore, I have learned about different webpages that can be used to create different digital outcomes such as videos, presentations, podcasts, avatar, pictures editor and so on. After researching on the topic and discovering different sites, I have chosen Canva, SoundCloud and Avatar Maker because it seemed more intuitive and easy to use.

Finally, I would like to say that you can find Cristina Hernández on Twitter and, moreover, she administrates a very interesting blog about bilingualism: https://crishesgarden.blogspot.com.es/ 
Follow her!

I hope you have enjoy this 3, 2, 1 interview.

See you soon, inno-teachers!

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic interview ! I definitely enjoy your interview, since there is an upbeat mood in it. Besides, I really appreciate the fact that you write the links to take a look at the tutorials concerning SoundCloud and AvatarMaker. I love the avatar, so I must go to create mine !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite interesting Ana! I liked learning different apps and programs. You used some of them different from the ones that I used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a fantastic interview, you have done a great job girls!. It is an engaging and interesting approach I am waiting for your next post impatiently!!

    ReplyDelete