Thursday 6 April 2017

Let's find a partner!

Hi inno-teachers!

Let's continue enriching Namasté!, my open educational project! In my last entry, I presented a visual metaphor that summarizes how Namasté! project turns into a collaborative one. And now, I am delighted to introduce to you an elevator pitch to talk infoEDUgrafías (the collaborative movement that I have chosen) into accepting me as a new partner.

Firstly, I would like to explain to you what infoEDUgrafías is and why I have decided to join them. InfoEDUgrafías is a collaborative project for infant, primary, secondary and universitary students. The main aim of this project is that pupils create an infographic relating to any topic (for instance, the plot of a book, the parts of the plants or an important event in history). All infographics created by the students will be published on the webpage so as other pupils can benefit from the work. The way for participating and joining the project is very easy. Teachers who want to do it, just have to complete the form on the webpage. Once the works have been created, the teacher has to submit them to the following email adress: proyectoinfoedugrafias@gmail.com 

Retrieved from: http://infoedugrafias.blogspot.com.es
As I explained on the previous post, the final task of my open educational project reads as follows: "In groups of four students, create an infographic to illustrate one of the characteristics that we have already studied regarding the Indian culture: food, clothing, traditional markets, dances, music... You can include images, text, graphics, links... It's up to you!". I strongly believe that this final work will benefit students to acquire the knowledge; for this reason, I also want my students to share their outcomes in order to contribute to other pupils learning. Furthermore, I would like to add the reasons why my project should be part of infoEDUgrafías:
  • It is motivating and foster collaborative work.
  • Students will take active part on the teaching-learning process.
  • Pupils will design an infographic that summarizes the main features of the Indian culture and it would be very interesting to share the outcome with other students around the world.
  • The project is cross-curricular so the infographics can be useful for other teachers of other subjects.
Down below, I include an example of an infographic that students can create when developing the project. Some online tools that can be used for the purpose are the following ones: Canva, Piktochart, Venngage or Vizualize. (I have not embedded the image because of its big size, but you can see it on the Canva website by clicking here).

Author's own (click in the picture to see it bigger).

Hereafter, I am going to share with you my elevator pitch. The goal of this video is to present the reasons why my project should be a part of infoEDUgrafías. For those of you who do not know what these kinds of videos are, an elevator pitch is a short sales pitch, that is, a summary used to quickly define a process, product, service or event. The four steps that must be taken into account when recording it, are:

  • Creating a hook presentation.
  • Showing the problem.
  • Present the solution.
  • Closing. 

For creating it, I wrote a draft on Google Drive (you can read it by clicking here) and I edited it with Movie Maker program. I would like to say that, firstly, I started editing my video with WeVideo tool (which is an online and collaborative video editing platform). Once I finished my video, I realised that a watermark appeared on it. As I didn't like the effect at all, I decided to start again and to use Movie Maker, which is the program that I always use for academic purposes. As the elevator pitch should be a very short presentation, the edition of it was very simple. I only added a title and a final slide with my contact details and I had it! The, I uploaded to YouTube so that it is available for everybody. Here you have my video and the draft that I created. I hope you enjoy it:





Before finishing the post, I would like to reflect on the learning that I have acquired thanks to this activity. Firstly, I would like to say that I have learnt a lot in this mission. Regarding the video that I have created, I have to say that I didn't know what an elevator pitch was. Thanks to this activity, I have learn how to record it and what is it for. I think that it can be very useful not only for teachers or business people, but also for students. It would be nice if they record themselves and they "sell" the outcomes that they create. I strongly believe that it would be very motivating for them. Moreover, I would like to add that, thanks to the elevator pitch, I have learnt how to summarize the main ideas of my project and how to sell it.

Furthermore, I would like to add that I have also learnt from infoEDUgrafías. As I stated on the previous post, this collaborative project is excellent for students because it is very simple but meaningful at the same time. I think that pupils can learn a lot from creating their own infographics and, also, they can be motivated to learn about other topics and infographics that are already created.

Remember that you can find infoEDUgrafías in Twitter, Facebook, Blogger and Pinterest.

See you soon, inno-teachers!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Ana! I really like the project that you have chosen, the benefits of infoEDUgrafías are huge. I must admit that your infographic is brilliant and in my humble opinion it reflects the main points of your project.

    You did a very good elevator pitch and in a real elevator, which I find quite original. As I can see, you have learnt many things from this challenge. Thanks for sharing, your projects is proving more and more.

    Looking forward to reading your next post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ana, as always your post is just amazing! Besides the project you have chosen to collaborate with is great! I am sure that with the creative elevator pitch you have created and all the information you have provided us about your project, the infoEDUgrafíaa project will contact and collaborate with you! Your project namaste is just great! I can't wait to read more of your posts about it! Moreover, I really enjoyed the visuals you placed in your post! Great job!

    ReplyDelete